Monday 9 April 2012

Procrastination is Key!


Well, instead of actually kick starting an essay on gender equality and development, here I am writing my first blog post. Procrastination win!
I must admit I’m a little confused at the whole concept of blogs…’back in my day’ we had little hard back diaries, which were kept under (a very flimsy, and easily cracked) lock and key underneath a mattress. True, such diaries did not offer complete peace of mind in regards to security – too many times little girls have screamed the house down after finding their brother reading their diary with as much enjoyment as when they’re watching Power rangers. Then, with the popularity of the internet came online diaries, where the grown up little girls could carry on spilling their guts out for the entire world to see.
And now, we have blogs. ‘Blog’ doesn’t conjure up the same images as ‘diary’. No longer do I imagine a little girl with pigtails, crying over the horrible smelly boy who told her she was silly. No, when I was first introduced to blogs, I pictured a fashionable bunch who like to parade how much more fashionable they were than the rest of us folk. And then I read some. And I’ve been hooked ever since! For a while I’ve wanted to start my own…but for various reasons it took a lot for me to pluck up the courage!

A)     In the back of my head, a tiny bit of me feels like I might not quite fit in. Im not uber fashionable and I don’t have the money to buy goodies on a weekly basis (although I am constantly updating my wishlist basket). So, I didn’t really figure I’d have much of interest to talk about!
B)      I knew that to fill this void I’d probably have to be a bit more personal – i.e. a bit more Bridget Jones! Yet I’ve not really seen many blogs that do this. Is it taboo? Would I better off on an online diary website?
C)      Even if I made one…who would be interested?!

Anyways, to cut a long story short (trust me, I can talk for bloody England!), I have decided to take the plunge and start my own! To keep my first entry as short and sweet as possible I’ll leave it here, and will talk a bit more about myself and what I plan on using this blog for next time!
Now I REALLY must get back to this essay…whilst keeping one eye on prison break. Naughty.
Happy Easter, Ta Ra for now!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3639991/look-to-the-stars?claim=w5umfwrqrjc">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. Blogs with a more personal edge are my favourite- I personally think it would be a great idea to incorporate personal stuff into a blog about fashion/beauty etc. I'm not ridiculously 'fashionable' or buy loads of new stuff every week, but having a blog makes me think about my outfits a bit more and I think it's a really good way to look back and also to get to know other bloggers. I really hope you keep at it and enjoy it!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you that's so nice to know!! :)

      I reckon I'll be a bit slow at first because of finals coming up, but I'm really hoping to keep it up! xxx

      Delete